Pages

Tuesday 5 July 2011

Update

I've had such a busy final few weeks at college and I can finally say hooray! It's finished!
I've received my marks back and I've been awarded a First Class Degree, so I'm super super happy that all the hard work has paid off :)

Now for big scary world... I'm not precisely sure what I want to do or where I want to go, but I'm keen to carry on with my ceramics and textiles and continue designing and making. I've just moved into a new house in Leeds with my boyfriend - there's 2 bedrooms so I can enjoy lots of space and an extra room for creative things like sewing, painting, designing and making everything I possibly can.

Over the last 10 months or so, I've also been involved in a really exciting project with Leeds Art Gallery and The Artist Rooms: Damien Hirst exhibition. I've been one of the coordinating managers for the whole project, getting involved with administration, communication, curation, designing, making and editing ... Such a busy, stressful but super exciting project I'm so pleased and proud to be able to say I've been part of.

Our exhibition is now open at Leeds Art Gallery - A Series of Artworks Carefully Arranged is inspired by the work of Damien Hirst and is a selection of work from the Gallery's permanent collection. It's almost coming to an end as the Private View is on the same night as the Hirst exhibition on Friday 15th. This is followed by a fantastic event at A Nation of Shopkeepers, which features an array of audio and visual delights! So please come down and support us and have a dance if you're in the area. More information here.

I'm hoping to get some photos up soon of my Degree Show and final scarves and ceramics designs and updates on any more projects I'm potentially getting involved in. Exciting times ahead!

No comments: