Pages

Monday 23 May 2011

Britain's Next Big Thing

Britain’s Next Big Thing has been really inspirational program to watch, particularly the aspiring creatives pitching to Liberty London.
The program follows a range of people hoping for their work to make the shelves in Boots, Habitat and Liberty London. The stores are looking for reassurance the potential sellers can meet expectations on price, manufacture, quality and delivery, which is really interesting for me, in consideration of how I practice this with my own work. 
Two key practitioners that have stood out for me is ceramicist Tom Hopkins Gibson, and Professor Richard Weston and his beautiful scarves. Both artists are greatly inspired by the forms, patterns and colours of nature, which are extremely relevant to my work. I absolutely adore the work of both of these talented creatives, might need to save some pennies to buy some on my next visit to London.

Check out the programme here.

No comments: