Pages

Wednesday 6 April 2011

More Stamps!

These are the hand-carved stamps I've made this evening... Trying out a new pattern I'm working on with the bird - Also just realised it's the wrong way round that I imagined, need to remember the mirror image/stamp effect. oops!

Inverted stamp, playing with positive/negative shapes:

 Need to take the advice of Matt (3D technician), and coat my wood first; as it's natural wood it will soak up the moisture of the ink I use... as I found out below.
This makes for a much less effective stamp - though the results are still quite nice:

 Plan next is to coat the stamps with varnish/pva glue or something along those lines. Maybe try out different types of inks as well- the above is just using some standard ink pads and a touch of water.

No comments: