Pages

Friday 25 March 2011

Style - Illustration

I'm consciously thinking of my style, the way I want to work into my fabrics. I definitely have a flare of illustration I want to put across, I'd really like to incorporate a level of hand drawn sketches or motifs. I'm keen to work with the idea of layers, minimal colour combinations (specifics won't be decided till I've done some trials on designs) and a combination of screen print/dye to ensure each piece is a limited, unique edition.
Images sourced: Print & Pattern

On the other hand, there's a few things that I've seen that I like but I'm keen to stay away from:
Images that look too computer generated, simplified or too heavily floral (all very very popular in textiles and surface pattern at the moment)
Images sourced: Print & Pattern

No comments: